As a Houston therapist, I have devoted my professional life to helping people like you experience hope and healing. To see a college student thriving and no longer crippled by their anxiety or to witness a middle-aged woman finally break free from the “yo-yo dieting” cycle that’s plagued her for decades…THAT is what excites me about coming to work every morning. I can truly say that I LOVE my job!
For those interested in my professional credentials:
- I earned my Bachelor’s Degree from Texas A&M University (WHOOP!), where I also met my incredible husband, Turner. Needless to say, we bleed maroon!
- I earned my Master’s Degree from Dallas Theological Seminary, a graduate program in counseling that includes an additional year of training in Biblical and Theological Studies. (For those keeping score, that’s three years of post-college education, folks!).
- During graduate school, I was invited to complete a year-long Masters-Level Internship at a renowned group private practice in Dallas, where I worked as a therapist for those struggling with eating disorders, body image issues, anxiety, depression, and pretty much everything else under the sun.
- After graduate school, I passed the National Counselor Examination (NCE), and my husband and I made the move to Houston, where I completed the 3,000-hour Licensed Professional Counselor Internship required to obtain licensure through the state of Texas as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- During my Licensed Professional Counselor Internship, I worked as an individual, group, and family therapist at a private practice and outpatient eating disorder treatment center, where I helped those struggling with eating disorders, body image issues, anxiety, and depression. During that time, I had the privilege of being supervised by two of Houston’s leading eating disorder specialists: Krista Highfield, MS, LPC-S, LTRT, and Dr. Deborah Michel, PhD, CEDS.
- I’ve officially been a Licensed Professional Counselor since 2015 and have owned my own therapy private practice since that point, but I have been counseling in a private practice setting since January 2013. It’s truly been such an honor to get to be a part of so many people’s lives over the years!
- As a Houston counselor, I greatly enjoy collaborating with others in the Houston mental health community. I am an active member of the Houston Eating Disorders Specialists (HEDS) and Houston Group Psychotherapy Society (HGPS).
Whatever you may be going through, I would love to meet you and help you work through it. To learn more about how I can help you or to schedule an appointment with me, call 281-785-2273 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.